Saturday, October 27, 2018

Saturday Roundup

It has been a quiet afternoon and evening here. Harvey took his older brother to the football game and I get to sit at home and get things done. I also get to watch the game in a nice warm house. Hopefully the men are not freezing.

This week has seen me using things up from the freezer and pantry. Some shelves are getting pretty empty and by the time we go and do a stock up shop the meat freezer should need a stock up. Love it.

I have also managed to finish a few projects. Two are Christmas presents and I am really happy about that. I used fabric left from other projects for one, and the leftover fabric from the robe has been folded up and put away to use in another project in the future.

I also used up some yarn from my stash making two more prayer shawls. I have pulled out some more to start the next one on Monday. Loving the fact that the yarn stash is slowly going down as well.

I finished my extra cleaning list this month. Not so much the goal list, but I did make a good dent in it. There will be a few projects I need to move to next month, but I am hoping to get a couple more of these projects done in the dog days of this month. After all I still have 4 days to go and I should be able to get a couple of the smaller items crossed off. The less I have to carry over to next month the more likely I am to be able to get new projects started.

The weather is crisp in the mornings and so my walks have been wearing a winter coat, headband, and gloves. Still there has been no snow and from the looks of the up coming weather forecast we are safe for awhile yet. Keeping my fingers crossed that this is true.

I need to get back to my knitting now. Three pairs of mitts take me awhile, especially since I am making them striped instead of solid. The one mitt I have finished looks awesome.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.



1 comment:

  1. It's turned chilly here in the UK after having an exceptionally warm October.

    ReplyDelete