Sunday, October 21, 2018

Sunday Ramblings

Today the church was very crowded. The youngsters were handing in their promise cards for First Communion, Reconciliation, and Confirmation as well as taking part as lectors, greeters, and ushers. Helped of course by the teachers. I have feeling that most will only be there until they receive the Sacraments and then it will be bye bye, until they are married. Hopefully a few will stay. It all depends on the parents at this age.

Yesterday we went out for supper with my sister for her 60th birthday. She is having a hard time with this one. I told her it is only a number and to ignore it, I do. Harvey said his bad birthday was 40.... When I asked him if I had any bad birthdays that he knew of he said no and that was something he couldn't get over. I just smiled and said you are only as old as you feel and most days I do not feel almost 63, Though I have a feeling 65 and getting my pension could be a turning point.

I finished Harvey's robe yesterday and cut out the fabric for the rice bags. I don't have the rice to fill them so I think I will do some other sewing (perhaps all those summer tops that are cut out and taking up room on any and all free surfaces in the sewing/craft room). Slowly but surely getting the goal list whittled down.

Spending has been kept to a minimum this week, but like last week the decluttering is at pretty much a standstill. I did list a few items on our garage sale site so we shall see what happens.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.



1 comment:

  1. Its my 62nd birthday tomorrow and it will pass in a blur of getting ready to move Wednesday. As you say its a number and you just have to get on with it. Please show us the robe when you are finished.

    ReplyDelete