Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Thrifty Tuesday

 

This week has been cold and today brought lots of snow. According to the weather on Regina, this is not an early snowfall. That on average the first snowfall of the season falls anywhere between the 16th of this month and the 31st. Sure seems early to me.


What thrifty past times have been happening on the old homestead.


Took advantage of the free weekend at the city dump to remove the last of the garden refuse and a few larger items from the house.


Got the furnace fixed (now we don't have to use the inefficient space heaters to keep warm).


Sewed the remaining blocks together for my quilt top from the scrap material and realized that I have enough scraps of heavier fabrics to make yet another small quilt. I almost think scraps have taken over my sewing/craft room.


Drew another number for a project... Which I have actually completed (pictures tomorrow or the next day).


Put the flannel sheets on the bed for extra warmth.


Saved the twist ties and elastics from various items that were bought over the last week.


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 


God bless.











6 comments:

  1. I'm happy for you that you got your furnace repaired. With the weather you are having I'm sure it will be appreciated! I always save all twist ties and such from packaging and I find many good uses for them.

    Stay warm and take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading about your thrifty ways, Jackie. I know you're probably familiar with Amy Daczyzyn from Tightwad Gazette fame? I subscribed to her newsletter when she first started it and now those newsletters are in book form. I love them. ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got the furnace fixed, so hard when you have issues like that when it is getting cold now. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure getting the furnace repaired was a real relief, especially with the colder weather.

    Now is definitely a time for indoor pursuits and making things that bring us joy.

    Take care and stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy you have the furnace up and running. I have so much fabric for quilts and no time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I save those twisty ties etc, which comes with breads and such. They come in handy when you need one.Quilt is looking good, looks warm. I for some reason did not have you in my blog roll update, when you left a comment I thought to myself that I don't recall ever visiting your place. I had of course but it was not in the roll. I have put it there so I can see your updates.

    ReplyDelete