Monday, January 8, 2024

Menu Monday

 Brr, it is cold outside this morning. It is -16C, but with the wind chill it feels like -24C. We are also continuing with the snow. The amount of snow to fall today has decreased though.

I was asked if I could change my mammogram appointment to another day if I was still under the weather. I guess I could, but that would probably mean going through the doctor and getting an appointment at the private clinic in the city. They do so many tests for the Health Region while doing the tests that some people are willing to pay for. That could take months to get in to as well. Pretty sure this mobile clinic is filled up as it covers the entire south east corner of the province so finding a new date and time would be very difficult.

Still feeling slightly ill, but the sore throat is not as bad this morning, and while my nose is plugged and I still cough a bit things are beginning to look up. I will wear a mask while getting the exam just to keep whatever I have to myself.


Now on to this weeks menu plans.


Monday

Eggplant Parma. I might try and make some garlic bread using slices of my homemade bread.


Tuesday

Leftover roast beef package from freezer made into a beefy, cheesy noodle casserole. Served with raw veggies and dip.


Wednesday

Soup and sandwiches. I plan on making a big pot of Moroccan Lentil Soup and serving that with either salmon or tuna sandwiches. Got lots of lentils in the pantry as well as tins of fish that need using. The extra soup will be packaged up and put in the freezer.


Thursday

Leftover roast beef casserole with a veggie on the side.


Friday

Fish fillets, rice and mixed veggies. The rice could be changed to some warmed up potato patties (need to make those and freeze them today).


Saturday

Sweet and Sour ribs, rice, and peas.


Sunday

Baked ham, scalloped potatoes, and corn or perhaps baked beans. 


So that is the plan for this week. I should end up with a few packages of ham in the freezer, and a bit less in the freezer drawers over all.


I bought some sausage meat on my last trip on very deep discount and I hope to use up the remaining puff pastry sheets making sausage rolls for the freezer. Just need to find a good and easily followed recipe and I will get those done today while the eggplant is warming up in the oven. I really am trying to plan ahead and get meals ready for those days I just am too tired or sick to cook. As everyone says, those are the days you get delivery or take out and I am trying to cut back even more on those days.


Everybody have a wonderful day. 

God bless.

9 comments:

  1. That is cold! Your menus are always well thought out. We had eggplant Parma last night with green salad and it was a nice change of pace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All sounds yummy!!!! Stay safe and warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's miserably cold here this morning, currently -24C with a windchill of -30C. We had snow overnight too so there is more shoveling to be done this afternoon. Boo!
    Your beefy, cheesy noodle casserole sounds delicious. Can you share a recipe?
    Stay warm today. It looks like there may be warmer temps tomorrow so hopefully you're able to make your appointment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds so cold there. Your menu sounds delicious though. We did scalloped potatoes on Christmas. And although they are time consuming, they are delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is very cold. Never experienced that kind of cold -that I can remember. Back in the day, it would get cold up at Tahoe where my folks owed a duplex. Twice we were caught in a blizzard while driving back on a Sunday in bumper to bumper traffic traveling at a snail’s pace. That freaked me out because I had just learned about the Donner Party and we were in vicinity!
    I love eggplant Parmesan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is good soup weather for sure. I'm surprised they'll let you come for the appointment since you're sick. Covid is on the rise again, sigh, and lots of flu going round as well. Good luck on all fronts and hope you feel better soon. Eggplant parm....yummy. I love it, but not something I make at home. I do like to order it out at a good Italian restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know what you mean about rescheduling, they make it almost impossible.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Resident Chef always has our apartment-sized freezer topped up with soups, stews and things like lasagna so if a 'grunge' comes calling, we have ready-made meals that just have to be heated up.
    Hunkering down here getting ready for a predicted snow storm tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that is so cold Jackie. Keep safe in the snow. We had a sprinkling today and it felt cold, but I can't imagine how that cold feels.

    ReplyDelete