Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Tuesday Tidbits

 


We had a bit of an exciting day here after I did my post. Since I hadn't picked up the mail for about a week, I decided to start the vehicle and drive to do so..... Well, I got in the car and tried to start it. Warnings were flashing, and nothing happened. One of the warnings was "Battery critically low start vehicle". Yeah, right since it wouldn't start I got Harvey up and he pulled out his battery charger. 

The battery charger was one of those plug in to recharge before using it (can also be used to power a USB type thing as well and pump up your tires). Well after hours of waiting for it to build up a charge .... he ended up starting his truck and heading out to purchase an old fashioned "tickle" charger as he calls them.

It was now 3:30 and after leaving the charger on for 1 1/2 hours we finally got my baby started. Hopefully it still is going to start today. I may just do those errands that I can whip in and leave the car running today. The only time that might not happen is during our haircuts. This means shopping (other than grabbing some milk perhaps) is off the list for today and will be done later in the week. Not to worry we will not starve though produce and fruit are in very low supply.

So these are my outside run around the city for the morning.

Haircuts

Prescription Pickup

Take in glasses for new lenses and pick up later in the day

Banking

Pick up the mail

Not a great deal but in this weather it is not going to be much fun. We were a bit spoiled here with the lovely and warmish weather to start the winter off. I hope we are out of the deep freeze very soon.

With all the upset about the vehicle (okay as Hubby would say me in panic mode), I did not get as much done as I had wanted on my project list. I hope to get a bit more accomplished today. There are a couple of quick ones that I can manage.

I will check back later and let you all know if the vehicle started or if we had to use the truck for our errands.


Everybody have a wonderful day.

God bless.


Well the vehicle started and continued to work for all our errands. That is a relief as I refuse to drive the old truck. Shopping was not done today, hopefully in a couple of days things will warm up. I froze enough this morning and later this afternoon when I picked up my glasses. Just too windy to make it feel warmish out.

11 comments:

  1. Good luck getting your vehicle started today and take care on the snowy roads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel sorry for cars that are out in those cold temperatures - I sure wouldn't want to start either! Hope all goes smoothly for you today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am guessing you don't have to plug in your vehicles there? I know in some of the Prairie provinces they do? You asked about my cross stitch, you can just adjust the temperatures to suit your particular area.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The same thing happened to me yesterday. The ex had to charge the battery again on one of my cars. I'm going to need a new battery soon. Thankfully I have a spare car and he has several vehicles, so I'm never without transportation. I hope your car starts fine today & you're able to run all your errands.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been watching neighbours try to start vehicles through the past few days. Only one wasn't able to start at all, even with a boost. I suspect their battery froze.
    My son said to me the other day, that he is glad he bought a house with a garage. The temperature in there was about -11C when it was -38C outside. I haven't started my car for a few days but need to run out for a few groceries today or tomorrow. It's warming up slightly today, so I'll decide after I shovel the driveway.
    Finger crossed your vehicle starts for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many are experiencing just that with this cold snap.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no, Jackie! I hope it starts up for you today. We used to have to plug in our batteries or bring them into the house to warm up when we lived near Chicago growing up. That bitter cold will do that to a battery.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those trickle chargers are nice. G used to plug his truck in all the time. Yes, we have all been spoiled and then nature had a tantrum and dumped on us!!!!! LOL
    I hope you get your errands done and the car starts. I need to start mine tomorrow. Just for grins.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cars can be such a worry! I'm so glad you got it started. Since our temps have been below 0 F here I have been worried about my battery holding up. I hope it continues to start for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Vehicles can be such a pain. We keep ours in the garage but last week, I was rushed and the garage door would only open a little and go back down. It did this several times until finally it went all the way up. I was on my way. Came home, and the same thing happened. Seems it takes 5 times before it finally opened so I could pull the car in. My husband used some W-D on the rails and so that has worked. Cold temperatures, rain, snow and wind really can wreck havoc on our vehicles and our homes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brrr....cold weather really takes the stuffing out of batteries. x

    ReplyDelete