Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Thirfty Tuesday

Today was bright and sunny, too bad I couldn't enjoy it as I wanted. I think I did too much yesterday and my arm ached most of the night. Not conducive to a good nights sleep that's for sure.

Today I took some of the fabric I chose to make tops and treated it for sewing. I have everything I need from thread to interfacing to complete these projects and will even in some cases be using up already filled (partially filled in some cases) bobbins. Pictures of the fabric and patterns to follow. 

I did a bit of hand sewing, sewing does not seem to bother my wrist and arm as much as knitting. Guess that means knitting is on the back burner for awhile. So hand mending is being slowly but surely completed. Just have a few tint repairs on the lap quilt left to do.

I have been using my InstantPot a bit more over the last little while. This saves on electrical costs and time. The meat is very tender as well which means less costly joints are being used.

The past week saw a reduction in our grocery bill. No major feat, as Harvey seems to sneak a few extras into the cart.

Today I decided to treat myself in the afternoon.

A pot of tea and the last slice of one of the pumpkin pies I made found their way to my tummy. Sorry no picture of the pie. All enjoyed while I watched episodes of Sherlock.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.




3 comments:

  1. What a nice way to treat yourself in the afternoon! I'm a tea drinker so this appeals to me (and of course the pumpkin pie). Love your placemat/runner! Very nice view from your window, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are able to do a little hand sewing...the knitting will come later, I'll bet.
    Time for my afternoon snack..a cup of Berry tea and a slice of Cherry Pie....xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. perfect photo that, I am a big fan of David's Teas.........

    ReplyDelete