Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Thrifty Tuesday

I have been using small bits of my cardstock on the presentation boards for the church Ministry Fair this coming weekend. It is a good way to make sure nothing is wasted.

I have also used a small amount of the leftover yarn from making the 4" squares to make tassels for some bookmarks I will be distributing at the fair.

As I was putting together the board for Prayer Shawls, another use for all those small squares hit me. I decided to say a prayer over them and hand them out as pocket prayer shawls at this fair as well. Still have lots of the lesser weight yarn with which to make more to fashion into a blanket or larger shawl later.

Supper tonight was a main dish salad. It called for sliced celery and rather than cutting into the new bunch, I decided to use the cut up celery from the vegetable tray I made up for my visitors yesterday. Worked beautifully and I used it all up.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

1 comment:

  1. It is amazing how one can cut costs buy just using up what is on hand. You seem to excel at this!

    ReplyDelete