Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Thrifty Tuesday

A few thrifty things have happened around the old homestead this past week.

I mended a pair of shorts, shortened the straps on a jumpsuit, darned some of Harvey's socks (why do his seem to get more holes in them than mine).

I read on a blog how someone mended the top of a pair of runners/trainers and that is going to be my next mending project.

It has also been another week of using things up. Not many leftovers in the fridge this past week, I am getting pretty darn good at using leftovers for lunch. Something I had gotten away from once I quit working. I am going to get back in the habit of checking leftovers before making something else. 

I froze some leftover coffee today and hope to be drinking ice coffee very soon. Not that the weather is really cooperating on that front (been pretty cool), but I can hope.

We have started to pick a few items from the garden. A few fresh radishes, and some onions make a nice addition to our meals.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment