Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Keeping Busy

I thought I just might as well post some pictures of the projects and other things I have managed to get done over the past week.

Bone broth simmering on the stove. Sure made the house smell wonderful.

The weather was very unpredictable. This is what it was like the day I made my bone broth. The next day rolled around, the sun shone and the small amount of snow we received disappeared.

This is the prayer shawl I have been working on. I finished it off tonight. This night Harvey and I decided to try some of his homemade beer.... A bit strong for my taste.

Made unbaked cookies, which I am sorry to say I ate way too many of.


Got some veggie seeds to get started. Of course I did not have any peat pots left so had to get those as well. There are a few flower seed packets as well that will need starting. Plan on doing that before we leave for Kris's on Saturday. 

This years temperature blanket is being worked on a row at a time.

Then the snow came once again. This time great big flakes floating gently to the ground. 

A skirt has been sewn, and I have a dress almost finished which I will share in another post next week.

I was asked about Lazy Cabbage rolls. I usually put shredded cabbage on the bottom of a casserole or tinfoil container. Then put the usual cabbage roll (stuffed cabbage) mixture in a layer on top of that. Add another layer of shredded cabbage over the seasoned meat and rice mixture. Lastly I pour tomato juice or watered down tomato soup over top. 

I was also asked about why I couldn't hang clothes outside. I could, but considering how cold it is here they would be freeze dried and might cause a few more problems as to how to dry the freeze dried clothing. I just don't know how that works, though Harvey says his Mom did this all the time.

We also has some bad news yesterday. My double first cousin's wife (we call ourselves double because my mom's sister married my dad's brother) passed away. I don't think it was from Covid-19, but very little is being said about the why or how. The funeral will not take place until things open up again and their sons can get to Canada from New Zealand and Vietnam. 

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.






8 comments:

  1. Wow, you've been very productive Jackie. I'm very sorry to hear about the passing of your cousin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sympathies on your loss, Jackie.
    i find it hard to see snow, when we are having really lovely weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for your loss. Lots of projects keeping you busy, the broth looks so tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not on computer as much,
    due to *achy* back.
    But reading some posts,
    And hate to read,
    Without even a tiny comment.
    -smile-
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    Stay safe
    Stay home
    πŸŒΈπŸ’›πŸŒ·πŸ’›πŸŒΈ

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry about your cousin's wife, it doesn't seem to stop, does it? The soup looks great, especially for your weather. No bake cookies are my favorite! I actually am making some fudge today :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sympathies on the passing of your family member. It must be difficult with their immediate family so far away.

    Happy Easter, take care and stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear about your cousin. I wouldn't feel bad about eating cookies as it seems like a good coping mechanism to me!

    ReplyDelete