The end of what used to be our work week, but now that we are retired is pretty much just another day.
So what frugal happenings have been taking place on the old homestead.
1. It is still nice enough to hang the laundry outside to dry and with the breezes we have been getting things are still drying quickly.
2. Windows were wide open for all but the last couple of days all day and all night. It did get warm enough over the last while that we needed to close them and let the air conditioner cool things down.
3. Walked every day and I seem to be getting my steps in just fine. In fact one day I almost made 15k steps. Don't ask me how as most days I struggle to get 10 or 11K.
4. Using up produce from the garden and I hope to use up even more when we get home. I do think the cucumbers are slowing down a bit.
5. Back to baking bread twice a week. We only go through 2 loaves a week (some weeks even less) and I was getting very lax about baking my own.
6. All meals made at home from things I had on hand.
7. Saved $29.34 on groceries this week just buying what was on sale and what was on my list.
8. While this was not really frugal, I bought a counter top portable toaster oven. A big one. Eventually it will save us electrical costs as it does not use as much power. I just have to learn how to use it.
Other than those things the appliance repair guy dropped by today and told me if he had the baking element at home he would be back tomorrow after giving us a call first. If not it would need to be ordered and could take 10 days or more to get here. Now I am really glad that I got this new appliance cause I know I will be making more eggplant parma before that.
Everybody have a wonderful evening.