It is cold today, in fact we had frost overnight and of course I did not cover my eggplant or peppers. They don't look too bad, but I am really hoping there is no frost tonight or we can say good bye to any more harvesting.
Harvey decided that tonight we are ordering in. I plan on ordering from our favourite pizza place as we will get free dry ribs with our order. I have even found a coupon that we can use as well. Still have salad from last night so we will be eating very well tonight.
Now for the very few frugal moves this week.
1. Harvested all tomatoes and will be processing them as they ripen (though I did find a recipe for green salsa to use up some of them).
2. Windows open most days to keep the house cool.
3. Made some bread crumbs from leftover bread.
4. Used up all leftovers in the fridge for lunches or other meals this week.
5. Working on getting all my projects done and made a list of groceries using the fliers to get this week. Since I will not be shopping the week before Thanksgiving I will be purchasing all necessary for that meal and trying to stock up on sale items for baking. I think this could be a fairly high bill.
Now to explain why I am trying so hard to only go shopping twice a month. This is something that I used to do when we lived 30 miles from the nearest grocery and there has been a big uptick in cases of Covid in my little area of southeast Saskatchewan. The more I can stay away from places where crazy anti-maskers and anti-vaccine people could be going is really in my best interest. Really my only trips out are to the grocery store, church and bank. The only one I worry about is the grocery store as people refuse to follow the arrows on the floor and really press against the social distancing thing.
I am also trying to stock up on items in case the worst happens and the shelves start to empty. I know the harvests have not been as good as usual so flour, canola oil, and such will not be as easily available. Also ranchers are selling off their stock which could be making buying beef a treat rather than a usual shopping item.
I will let you know how everything goes this week. Lots to purchase, lots to wonder if it is a need or a want.
Everybody have a wonderful evening.