Thursday, September 23, 2021

Thursday Tidbits


 Last night I ended up taking a couple of pain pills in the middle of the night. I think it was from standing chopping, mixing, and doing a bit too much sewing (not as much as I would have liked however).

So what interesting things have been happening around here since we have been home.

We finished off the small redo in the bathroom. The tub skirt, made of fiberglass, had a really large crack in it. So something needed to be done to make the bathroom look wonderful once again.


First a board was cut and fitted into the slot. 

Then Harvey glued ceramic tile (couldn't get the large tiles though) and grouted it to the board. We then hauled it back upstairs and he fitted it in the slot. Added some plastic waterproof baseboard and we were done. Much less expensive than having to buy a new tub that's for sure.

I got all the fabric cut out of the clothing my friend brought over and made small piles on the sewing/craft room on the floor.

Here is what I managed to get that was more or less suitable.


I have managed to get more than this completed now. I hope to be sandwiching it tomorrow afternoon and binding it on Sunday.

I think I might have gotten a bit carried away yesterday processing the garden produce.

First I made Salsa from the ripe tomatoes. 


Another 5 jars added to the five already made and in the canning area of my pantry.

Then I moved on to my next task...since I now had a working oven.


Four more tinfoil meals of Eggplant Parma are now residing in the freezer for use this winter.

Lastly it was time to use up those leeks.


A lovely creamy pot of Potato Leek Soup. We still have two portions that I put in a container and slipped in the freezer. 

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


6 comments:

  1. Potato leek soup sounds so delicious right now. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tub looks wonderful! Wish we could revamp ours - someone that lived here prior to us used those non-slip things in the bottom of the tub and now it's lost the finish in the bottom. Only a matter of time until it starts to rust out I expect but nothing will be done until it does.
    Ooooooooh - potato leek soup - mmmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have gotten so much accomplished! Be careful and don't overdo it though. The tub looks great and that soup sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey you, are turning into me? Stop it... Right now! Stop it!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The leek soup looks delicious! It's gotten colder here, so I'm adding it to my meal plan.
    The tub looks great too! Hope you are feeling better today.
    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always a joy to make meals for the freezer, the soup looks particularly tasty. A great job on the bathroom, a onderful makeover.

    ReplyDelete