Friday, June 3, 2022

Frugal Friday

 


First off I will say that I tested negative for Covid again today. Now I think I will wait to test a third time until Sunday. If I manage to get that test back with a negative result, I just might have dodged a bullet.

So what are the frugal happenings here on the old homestead.

1.  In the early afternoon I picked enough dandelions to make some dandelion oil. I am trying something rather simple to start. Though I must say dandelion jelly or dandelion wine sound lovely.

2.  Walked every day so far this week. Loving being outside.

3.  Harvey built himself a lawn tamper... Something to use when you are planting grass to get good contact between the seed and the soil. He looked at one in a store here and it cost over $200.00. So he made his own using things from his work room. He used it today for the first time and says it works great.

4.  Once again using up premade meals from the freezer. Just a few left. Also using up harvested fruit to make desserts.

5.  Using rain water to water all my plants.

6.  Put $55.00 in my envelope and added $6.55 to the change jars.


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to hear that you've tested negative. I've had Covid twice and it's not a pleasant experience. I've had all my shots too, but still suffered for 2-3 weeks at a time.
    Well done to Harvey on building his own lawn tamper. You've done so well with frugality again. Hope you both have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pleased to hear that you tested negative, Jackie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you haven't got Covid. Good frugal work as always Jackie. Very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear your tests are coming back negative. I just had my second booster yesterday and so far just a sore arm.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Relieved that you're testing negative - fingers crossed it continues.
    Dandelion oil? Dandelion jelly? Who knew!! Must 'do a google' to find out more.

    ReplyDelete