Sunday, June 12, 2022

Sunday And A Little Trip Around the Garden

 Just a small trip around the baskets, and perennial bed at this the beginning of the growing season. More to come later.




Just two of the three very different begonias I am trying this year.


The cala lilies I have growing in one pot on my deck.




The Mandeville vine that I also have in a pot on my deck.


The impatience corner. This will eventually look like a blanket of flowers. I have a double in a basket above this but am babying it a bit as it seems to be having a bit of trouble getting started.






The fuchsia and New Guinea Impatience that I have hanging above a bed containing coleus.



One of two pots (I would like a third down here) on the side of the house that hold gerbera daisy and English ivy.



My hibiscus that is just covered in buds. Mind you they don't seem to last very long. 




My two lemon trees grown from seeds from store bought lemons. One is a bit wonky.



The columbine in the perennial bed which seems to have gotten a bit out of hand.

I bought just the lighter purple and white, but now have....


Pure white (sorry for the blurry picture).

Light purple and white.


Darker purple with no white.


And pure yellow. 

While I do love them I am going to have to make sure to either collect the seed and give it away, or cut blossoms off before they manage to go to seed.


So there is a very quick trip around the garden. The plants I didn't show you are too small right now, and my herbs are just starting to take off after being replanted. 


I will give you all another trip once things are growing even better. I have a canna lily on my deck as well as some calibrachoa so I will get pictures of those as well eventually. Will do the veggie garden a bit later as well.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.




10 comments:

  1. Everything looks so pretty. I miss not having fuchsias. They don’t grow well here due to the heat. When I lived on the coast, they thrived.

    I can’t wait to see more. Gardening is such a rewarding hobby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flowers are all so gorgeous! You definitely have a green thumb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are an absolute picture - so beautiful. They must give you so much happiness. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your garden and deck are looking absolutely beautiful Jackie. Enjoy all those lovely flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh your flowers look gorgeous. You definitely have green fingers! Cala Lilies are one of my favourite flowers and yours are a gorgeous colour. I have 'egg chair envy' now too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous flowers and what a nice outdoor area to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Your columbine are spectacular and I can just imagine the blanket of impatience.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the flowers, especially that impatient corner. We have so little shade here I can't grow those and I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your garden flowers are looking so pretty. The only flower we have on our balcony is a fuchsia in hopes of getting hummingbirds to come. Unfortunately there's a miserable marauding squirrel who jumps down from the balcony above us and always lands in the fuchsia pot on his way to digging up the lettuce Resident Chef has planted out there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jackie,
    ...you sure do have a lot of pretty flowers...
    ~Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete