Thursday, June 16, 2022

Thrifty Thursday

 

I have been busy using things up here on the old homestead and am actually getting pretty darn good at it. 


When I shopped I pretty much stuck to my list, but since there were a few items I was unable to purchase bought some other items that were on sale and could be put in my pantry storage. 

Since there was no sandwich meat left at the sale price I skipped buying any at all. I will either make sandwich fillings or we can finish off leftovers of which I always have more than enough to satisfy the two of us.

I have used some radish and onion from the garden and soon will be harvesting some lettuce. 

Also making my own dressings and loving the taste and miniscule costs involved. 

Once again I have been saving elastics and twist ties from the produce I have bought.

Downloaded some free books onto my ereader, and used up a gift card to purchase a few (well all but $0.34 of it). 

Found my gift card to Bath and Body Works and will be using that to pick up a couple of scrubs and perhaps a body wash when we are in the city.


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.


6 comments:

  1. Oscar Meyer beef bologna is almost $8 a package. It’s a good thing I love peanut butter and jam sandwich’s. When my tomatoes come in, I’ll be having tomato sandwiches! I’m not much of a lunch person - I usually will have a piece of cheese and some fruit and that’s it for me.

    You should be pleased at all your good savings. You’ve done well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dedication to frugal living is paying off. It's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet if you listed all your frugal activities for a month it would be amazing! Lunchmeat is pricey but Trader Joe's is still not terrible. We do a lot of leftovers and soup too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lunch meat is so ridiculously expensive. I'm like you, and only buy it when it is on sale...though the now sale prices are basically the once usual price. :(
    Wow, your garden is already producing? I tried radish last year and they bolted on me, so I didn't plant any this year. My chives are looking good, I just have to remember to use them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reading what you said about lunch meat - we shopped for canned goods today and as I was passing by the bacon I noticed that the cheapest price was $11.99/lb. Good thing I'm not a huge fan of it!! Didn't look at lunch meat because we rarely buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything just keeps getting more expensive. I read that Kraft & Heinz will be increasing their prices in August. I'm stocking up on Heinz ketchup whenever I can find it on sale.
    I spent way too much at BBW (Bath & Body works), but I'm now stocked up until the next sale in December. I don't know if you're aware, but their semi-annual sale has started. I like to stock up during the sale, as their regular prices are way too high for me. I hope you & Harvey have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete