Friday, June 10, 2022

Frugal Friday



It has been a cooler, slightly misty day. A day where one wishes that it would rain and get it over with so the sun can come out. Yet I have managed a couple of short walks and enjoy a few cups of tea during the afternoon.


Still the weather is very conducive to being frugal as one does not want to be walking around shops and have a downpour. 


So what are my frugal five for this week....


1.  Windows open to keep the house cool instead of using the air conditioner. Harvey says he needs to flush the air conditioner out this year. I think he means wash it out.

2.  Using rain water for watering my plants.

3.  All leftovers are being eaten either as another big meal for the two of us, or at times a lunch for one of us.

4.  Making my own salad dressings. So easy, so much better tasting, and why on earth did I not do this before now I can not fathom.

5.  Found $0.95 around the house and a few coins while I was walking. Those have been added to the change jars.


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.
 


7 comments:

  1. I love the frugal things - good for you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a bag of change I need to get counted. It’s on my to do list. Making our own salad dressing makes some wonderful dressings. Homemade ranch is one of my favorites. I’m going to have to make some now that we’ve talked about it. 😂

    ReplyDelete
  3. It rained here, off and on, until about 4 o'clock. Then the sun came out. I was out this morning and the grass is very wet so no mowing until later today, unless we get more rain as is forecast.
    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jackie,
    ...well...I've been having blogger issues again with my Affectioknit account...so I've been unable to post comments for a while...
    ...I've been making my own dressings too...they are so good...I don't use a lot of dressing so it's hard for me to use up a whole bottle...and the Man and I don't like the same kinds...the Man's grandmother used to keep a jar for "found" money like that and give it to the kids when they were little...so fun...
    ~Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We don't get enough rain in the summer to be able to water plants. I usually cook enough for 2 meals or a big lunch and then we'd have a lite dinner. The chicken breasts I bought are huge - they come in a pack of 2 so I'm thinking we could spilt them. and have 2 meals instead of one big one. I tested it out and those 2 huge breasts are too big for us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love having a change jar or bank. I think they are so fun. I would love to have a rain barrel here, but we get mosquitoes so bad being close to the bird preserve, that I don't know how to keep them from hatching in the barrel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We make our own salad dressings too, with the exception of Italian and I don't know why we never make it. Our favourite is a wonderful onion dressing.

    ReplyDelete