Thursday, June 2, 2022

Thrifty Thursday

 

Wow, Thursday already. My days are just whizzing by.

So what thrifty happenings here on the old homestead this week.


I did shop a couple of days before I should have (keeping to the once every two weeks) but did so because of the meat sales.

I bought two pork loins and out of those I cut 3 roasts, and 4 meals of pork chop type things. 

Thrifty and frugal exercise happened. I walked most days and most days managed to get more than 10K steps most days, except for my day of rest on Sunday.

Using up items from my freezer to make treats for the week.

Saved plastic bags from produce buys to use later when our grandcat comes for a visit. Saved the twist ties as well. Those always come in handy.

Combined errands or walked to where I needed to be.

Those are the few I can actually remember.

The lot at the end of our block is covered in dandelions and I am tempted to pick some to dry or use in various ways that I have been reading about. I also would like to get in there again and bring back some branches that have fallen for firewood.


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.

4 comments:

  1. I've seen several bloggers making Dandelion jelly, which looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Regular walking is the best we can do for our health!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to get out and walk more, instead of spending all my time in the shop. Good for you hitting the meat sales.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We shopped meat sales this week too - whole chickens and pork chops. We don't normally buy chops and instead cut up tenderloins but this time the chops were cheaper.

    ReplyDelete