Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Mid Week Meanderings

 Since I had come into close contact with someone who had Covid I cancelled my appointment at the dentist last week and they remade it for today. Surprisingly at 8:30 this morning I got a phone call from the office asking if I could come in an hour earlier. Of course I said yes!!!! Getting a visit over with early is something wonderful in my books. I had a very bad experience as a child so going to the dentist is something I rather dread.


I made it home before this happened (though the skies were dark and the wind very strong when I went and when I left).


Yep the rain started almost as soon as I drove into the driveway and continued all afternoon until just a bit ago.

Not complaining as this gave me time to enjoy copious mugs of tea.


And an afternoon alternating between tidying/organizing my sewing/craft room and having some knitting in my lap.


I also managed to enlarge my embroidery pattern for the tablecloth and make it much darker so that I can trace it onto the fabric. 

All in all a very lovely and relaxing day.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

10 comments:

  1. Going to the dentist is one of my least favorite things to do so I sure understand you wanting to get it over with! I'm glad you were able to get home before the storm got too bad. It sounds like you had a nice afternoon at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to have an early start and get the appointment over with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A rainy stay at home day can be such a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I avoid early morning appointments like the plague. I am not a morning person, though I used to be. Always worked the first shift at the hospital; but now I like to get up and leisurely have my coffee and sit on the computer in my jammies and then think about getting dressed and get moving. It's good though you got home before the rain and could make such good use of the indoor time. What's on the needles?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jackie,
    ...that does sound like a perfect 'rainy day'...I do love a good rain storm...and glad you got your dentist appointment over with no trauma...
    ~Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think we all had bad experiences at the dentist as kids. IT is much better now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't imagine a day that started with the dentist as relaxing but I can see that the remainder of the day would have been very enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucky you made it home before the storm. I quite enjoy a rainy day indoors just pottering about and tidying or crafting. Good to get your dental appointment over with!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The dentist isn't a favourite for me either. I like our dentist as a person but must admit I live in the hope that nobody else is in there getting drilled upon - I can't STAND that sound! Glad you got home before the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like it when I can get a dental appointment first thing in the morning, otherwise I am clock watching all day and getting more and more nervous. As you say it all stems to how things were when we were children doesn't it, oh how much things have moved on since then. I still dread it though!!

    ReplyDelete