Saturday, May 18, 2024

Saturday Roundup

 


Not much of a roundup for this week. I am still working on getting projects completed so I can put together the loom. Too many projects on the go makes Jackie go a bit crazy. I am however being distracted by a rather large box. My hands are itching to learn how to weave.... Must get other things done first, as I keep reminding myself. So many projects and so little time. So many new things to learn. Bad Jackie better concentrate on getting those projects done for this month before starting something new. Ladies, my first weaving project will more than likely be either a scarf or a tea towel. Something small before I work on rugs and woven fabrics. Something probable very plain as well, one or two colours in stripes probably. Hmm, I could do a shawl as well as that should be very simple.

Not much happening in the garden either. It has been rainy the last two days, and rather cool. That is not conducive to planting anything. I am hoping that towards the end of the upcoming week things will be moving along outdoors. 

I am managing to clear things out of the fridge and freezers though as well as cook with my appliances even more. Harvey is even talking about having more meatless meals and I believe that we will do that more this summer. If not completely meatless at least meals that use less meat, and more main dish salads will be served as well. I am making even more of our treats, which in the long run will be a big savings. Muffins make a lovely breakfast or a snack, and in clearing out the chest freezer I found lots of shredded zucchini, blue berries, rhubarb and apple sauce which definitely need using up. I see lots of loaves, muffins and berry coffee cakes in our future.


Off to get supper on the table and visit as many of you as I can before supper is ready to be served.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


4 comments:

  1. You sound just like the "voice in my head that I have" Jackie .... the bad Jackie/good Jackie voice that tells me things I want to do versus the things that NEED doing first. Enjoy that loom when you get to finally have a play with it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We try and eat meat free twice a week, we also have fish twice a week, which cuts down on the expensive meat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't that always the way? I know when I pick up the supplies for a new project, I have a bad habit of setting aside the old ones. There is the afghan I started during the pandemic - the pieces just need to be stitched together. There is a sweater I started for myself (and restarted twice since) that languishes in a bag. There is at least one or two, or maybe it is three cross stitch projects partially complete. I keep telling myself, I'll work on them over the winter. Instead I've been knitting mittens for my grandson's school as they are quick and relatively easy.
    Sunny day here this morning, but I believe we're supposed to get more rain later in the day. But the temp dropped to zero overnight so I suspect most people won't be planting just yet. I did put the seeds in the garden last week as most had a germination period of 14 days or so. Hopefully by the time I return, they'll be up.
    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete