Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Tuesday Tidbits

 


It has been a rainy couple of days, which means no work in the gardens and my plants are all inside. Harvey went out to check the rain gauge a few minutes ago and since about 9 last night we have gotten 1 1/2 inches of rain, and the rain is still coming down. Fact is this corner of the province will not be getting as much rain as the western corner. Still, every bit helps and our rain barrel is full for watering when the sun comes back out.

I finished the hour glass blocks and have figured out if the fabric is a bit to heavy, well things do not line up as nicely. Learning episode here and since the finished product will be used outside perfection is not needed. 

I have pulled the fabric to cut one purse/bag out and will do that tomorrow while my friend is here. Once that is done I will knit on my second tank top. It is so nice that S wanted to get together again. 

I am thinking of joining the choir that she leads as part of my trying to get out of the crisis of faith I am undergoing at this time. I have always loved singing (even though I am not that good at it) and have sung with this choir and when we have put on church musicals in the past.

I did not do as well as I had hoped on the saving water last month so that will continue this month, and I am adding cook with appliances more. Hopefully at least one will catch and I think I might actually get two new frugal habits to stick. 

I need to get supper started (there will be enough for a second meal) and then I can visit your blogs while things are cooking in the toaster oven.


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.

9 comments:

  1. What began your crisis of faith, if it is okay to ask.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like nice plans to me. It sure helps to get the rain - we are at the moment.
    I hope you join the choir if you want to. That would be fun for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm like you, I love to sing but never know if I'm on key or not. Karen can help you with choir members, she has them outside her window at night, singing up a storm! Ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think joining the choir that you once enjoyed would be a good step. I know I’ve had to step out from my comfort zone a few times in my life and it turned to be a blessing. I hope the same for you as well. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cook a lot more on my appliances now that in my oven. I'm sure it makes a big difference.
    And gotta love a full water butt! (That's what we call them in the UK - just sayin' ) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. We didn't have nearly as much rain here in our area, but had close to an inch. I've got my containers of pansies out - the forecast doesn't show frost at all, and they are hardy to a few degrees below that.
    I'd like to save more water here, but my daughter has other ideas. I am looking to buy a rain barrel though for watering containers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think singing is very good for the soul.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cool that you're not giving up and gonna keep going with the frugal work. That's cool. Singing sounds like a lot of fun. I love to do that too. Such a joyful thing. Hope you go for it. Cheers, Ivy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad that you got rain and that it filled your rain barrel. There's nothing better than rain water for your plants.

    ReplyDelete