Thursday, May 23, 2024

Thrifty And Frugal Thursdays

 Thrifty and Frugal   


 While the week hasn't been the thriftiest, it has been relatively frugal.

Harvey now has a pair of work jeans. He managed to split the front of his fairly new jeans, and if I patch them they will only be used to work in.

Harvey finished my trellis, and now I get to paint it, hopefully after I get a few of my flowers in. That isn't going to happen till next week as it is going to be cool and rainy until at least Tuesday. I think I could be pretty darn busy that week.

Stuck pretty much to my grocery list this week. Lots of oranges bought and now the orioles seem to have disappeared. Must think of ways to use them up other than eating as is.

Making good work at clearing things out in the fridge, fridge freezer, pantry and chest freezer. 

Baked a loaf of bread twice this week.

Found a pair of curtains I had put away that will do for the hall window for awhile.

Went for a walks every day and even found some change while doing so.

Used fabric from other projects to make my purses/bags. So that made a bit of space in my fabric storage.

Downloaded some free reading material to the ereader.

Stretched a couple of meals into meals for two nights.

Used appliances to cook a bit more often this week, or stuck to the stove top. 

Saved elastics from a few items, as well as the twist ties and plastic bags the produce came in.

Totally finished spring cleaning using cleaners I either made or using up some of the ones I had purchased. 


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.



7 comments:

  1. Other than the cold - it sounds like a good week. Spring cleaning has and end?? LOL
    It seems I am do it till fall and then some more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all sounds pretty frugal to me, well done. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cranberry orange muffins (favorite recipe is here - https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/cranberry-orange-muffins/#tasty-recipes-74834) or, what about a whole orange cake? I can't remember which recipe I used, but I've made one before, and they are delicious. Sample recipe - https://www.christinascucina.com/sicilian-orange-cake-using-entire-orange-peel-juice-pulp/

    Have a great weekend! (Hawaii Planner)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well be cool here too at the beginning of the week. Up and down.
    Nice job with your frugality!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a very productive and frugal week, Jackie. Kudos to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You definitely had a full week. It looks like tonight will be our last truly cold night in the city, and Sunday will bring rain, but then the weather is supposed to improve on Monday. It's about time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Resident Chef is quite proud of himself because he has stretched the lunch we bought 'out' and made two more meals (with a side veg), so a total of 3 meals out of one. You've reminded me that I really want to find a great purse/bag pattern to make up from scraps to put in the Christmas box.

    ReplyDelete