Sunday, October 28, 2012

Cooking From Scratch

Cooking from scratch is one of the best ways I know to save cash and cut your grocery bill.

I bake bread at least 3 times a week now that it is only Harvey and I at home. What could be easier then putting everything in your bread maker and letting it do the heavy work for you.

I got this one at WalMart, greatly reduced when my old one left to join those other great bread makers that no longer work.

Just dump all the ingredients in the bread pan and let it do all the hard work like kneading. This costs pennies in comparison to buying bread in the grocery.

I also bake quick breads, cookies and something Harvey loves Brownie Bites.

This week it was Pumpkin loaves (needed to use up some pumpkin puree from the freezer).

Next on the list was 6 dozen Chocolate Chip cookies. I used up the chocolate chips making these. I know whats in them and they cost much less than buying them.

Brownie Bites were next on my to do list. I got almost 3 dozen for about 1/2 the cost of 2 dozen in the store.

I also made my favorite Ginger Snaps to eat with my afternoon tea.

All in all a great way to save and keep the house warm from the oven at the same time.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.



No comments:

Post a Comment