Sunday, October 28, 2012

Dinner Menus October 28 to November 3

I know I said my next post would be about how I save when buying groceries but menu planning is one of the biggest and best ways I know to save. So here are my menus for the next week. I do plan them monthly though and hang it on the fridge for easy access.

Sunday
Roast Chicken, mashed potatoes and carrots. I spent yesterday baking but we need to finish off the cake I made earlier in the week so that will be dessert.

Monday
Pork chops, rice, and corn. We get to choose if we want cookies, brownie bites or pumpkin loaf the rest of the week for dessert.

Tuesday
Hamburgers, oven fries and mixed veggie (need to use up the bits from the freezer).

Wednesday
Leftover turkey from the freezer made into a Turkey Pot Pie.

Thursday
Clean out the fridge night. I think there will be lots of bits to use up.

Friday
Lazy perogies with lots of fried onions and sour cream.

Saturday
Leftover ham made into Ham Pasties (not sure of the spelling anymore, but remember the recipe very, very well we liked it so much).

I save money on almost all my vegetables because Harvey plants a very large garden in the spring. He is always threatening to make it smaller, but never really does. I usually freeze what we don't eat and then have lots during the colder months.... This is a great money saver!!!

Planning menus for the month also enables me to be one step ahead with the fliers. I can plan my eating around what I have in my freezer and what is on sale for the coming week. I usually do a big shop twice a month (would really like to get this down to once a month now) and buy fruit, dairy (milk usually), and fresh vegetables like lettuce once a week.

Hopefully I will be back tomorrow with some pictures and more ideas on saving money on groceries.

Everybody have a wonderful day.

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment