Friday, October 19, 2012

Ravens, Ravens, Everywhere!

I just have to post these two of many pictures taken on our trip to the birthday party last weekend.

We had time to spare (almost all day Saturday) and so we went off to the mall. Harvey, myself and one of the brother-in-laws had to wait while his wife finished up her shopping.

Now on our way north we noticed more ravens than any previous trip. They seemed to be everywhere and into everything. I love their glossy black bodies, and hooked beaks. What I don't like and have never had happen before is them being unafraid of people. I think I could have walked right up and petted a few on the head.

So here we are sitting in the vehicle in a busy parking lot, awaiting the arrival of another passenger, when I looked over towards the box of a truck across from us.  There sitting on the back was a beautiful raven. Not the least bit afraid when people pulled up on either side and got out of their vehicle.

It sat there for the longest time before it hopped in the box and started to eat something that was lying on the floor.

I just had to get out and take a picture of it when it was finished eating. I didn't want to get too close as it's claws and beak are huge.

Every time I see one of these birds on a trip I remember Edgar Allen Poes poem and I get shivers.

Everybody have a wonderful day.

God bless.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment