Sunday, October 7, 2012

Family Holidays and Getting Sick

Okay, wouldn't you know it! Just because I have a family feast planned for today, (celebrating Canadian Thanksgiving) I have gotten sick. This seems to happen when I plan most family activities...

I knew I should have turned the heat on at night in our bedroom about a week ago, and I should have turned the heat up a tad in the rest of the house as well. Sometimes trying to save a dime costs a dollar in the long run.

One good thing is that most of my meal can be prepped and put aside to be turned on, stuffed into, or even cooked at a later time. Plan on starting the stuffing shortly and then going for a short walk (I find it easier to breathe outside), then coming in to peel potatoes and put them in a pot of water to be turned on later in the day.

I will not let my illness ruin our celebration.

Everybody have a wonderful day. Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate today.

God bless.

1 comment: