Friday, November 7, 2014

Friday Pass Times And A Bill Shock

It is a dark and dreary end of the week. The sky was overcast the entire day and the wind howled all last night and today. Not a nice end to peoples work week.

However, when you are retired, it does not really matter what the weather is like outside...... Even subbing as I do, I really do not have to worry what the weather is like either.

What we do have to worry about is trying to keep our electric and gas bills as low as possible for the winter. Our electric and gas companies give us two estimates and then a reading. The bill we received today was an estimate, and boy did it floor me, $350.00 for electricity and $50.00 for gas!!! Whoa, we need to get that electrical lowered and fast.

Some of the ways we will go about it are making sure lights are off in rooms we are not using, turning the baseboard heat off during the day (well at least until it gets really cold and then we will turn it way down), and making sure things are turned off or unplugged when not in use. Hopefully that and keeping our heat set at 20 C will improve things greatly. I will let you know how it goes as each month progresses. Slowly but surely we are changing to LED bulbs as well from CFL bulbs.

Thought I would share a picture of the rug project.

Notice that the variegated yarn is finished and I have started on the dark brown. I spent some time making more cord this evening and I am hoping that I can make more tomorrow and even sew it on. The faster I can get this done, the more time I will have for Kurt's small kitchen rug project.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment