Sunday, November 9, 2014

Sunday Happenings

This is the first week of Father Brian's holidays and we had a visiting priest. Actually we had a Bishop (who just happens to be Father Brian's cousin) preside at Mass today.....

It was also the Feast of the Dedication of the Lateran Basilica in Rome.

Isn't it beautiful.

 Bishop Jim Weisgerber was our presider today and did a wonderful job tying this church in Rome to the people of God. I just wish I could have spent more time listening to his homily, rather than trying to see if we would have enough people to cover all the ministries.

For some reason, today out of the seven people scheduled to take part in the various ministries there were only two of us..... Not a good situation as I was only filling in for the regular sacristan who is also in charge of scheduling. I ended up moving from the cup to doing the announcements before Mass began, and since one of our proclaimers did not show up Karen did both readings. This left us short 4 cup ministers, and a communion minister. By the end we were only short one cup minister, but this caused us a few problems.

We did manage to do what we could, but things were a bit hectic for awhile. I just do not understand how adults can sign up for something and then not bother to show up. This has been happening way too often for my peace of mind. It also makes it hard on a person who is filling in to do a proper ministry.

Then I got a phone call about 4 hours after Mass asking why I left the doors to the church unlocked.... I phoned Connie as soon as I got home from Mass and she said that either herself or the janitor would be there to lock up after 2 pm. I explained this to the person and they were still upset that I did not lock the doors. People it is not my JOB.

Off to do some work on my knitting project and perhaps calm down a touch.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

2 comments:

  1. Goodness ... I'm sorry this has become such an aggravation for you. I don't understand folks, either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry it was so difficult for you, Jackie. I didn't really get a good understanding of the connection with the John Lathern Basilica. You remind me that I must read more about it. Thanks for making me think about that. M.

    ReplyDelete