Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Recipe Wednesday

I made myself a pot of lemon ginger tea when I got home from my morning of subbing. The reason being by the time I arrived home I was not feeling at all well. I am sneezing, my nose is plugged and according to Harvey I am running a fever. I think I may be coming down with a cold. It will be a nice soak in the tub for me and an early night as well. Hopefully I feel much more like myself tomorrow.

Sharing the leftover ham recipe from yesterday with you all.

Pineapple Upside - Down Delight

1 small onion chopped
2 tbsp butter
2 cups ground cooked ham
2 beaten eggs
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 tbsp ketchup
1 tbsp chili sauce
1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp tabasco
1/4 tsp prepared mustard
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 1/2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp brown sugar
3 slices canned pineapple
3 maraschino cherries

Heat oven to 350 F. Brown onion lightly in a medium skillet in the first amount of butter. Combine with the ground ham, eggs, bread crumbs, ketchup, chili sauce, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco, mustard, salt and pepper. Melt the second amount of butter and brown sugar together. Pour this over the bottom of a 9" square pan. Lay the pineapple slices over top and place a cherry in the center of each slice. Pile the ham mixture on top and smooth out. Bake 40 minutes. To serve, invert on a platter. Makes 6 servings.

This is a picture of what it looked like before baking.

I think if I made this again I would add some chopped green pepper to the onions while browning.

It actually tasted better the second day. I had some for lunch and it was very good.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


2 comments:

  1. This ham is sure to be delicious!

    I hope you feel better soon. Pamper yourself and get a lot of rest. :)

    ReplyDelete