Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Recipe Wednesday

Today I made buns using my bread maker to make the dough. My hands and wrists can no longer punch and knead the dough like I used to, so this is one way we can get fresh buns and bread.

But what to put on those buns as I wanted to incorporate them into our evening meal along with the leftover frozen pork from Sunday. Hmmm.

I have never made Pulled BBQ Pork so decided to give it a try. Harvey has never liked when I cook meat in regular BBQ sauce so I made my own.

Here is the pot of BBQ mixture I ended up with.

There was enough for each of us to have two buns filled with this mixture and I still have lots leftover. I have the remainder in a container cooling and will be popping it into the freezer to use later on. I actually have enough leftovers for our meal tomorrow without serving this.

I really don't have a recipe for my sauce but I will share what I did with all of you.

I first put the pork slices in the pot and added ketchup to almost cover the slices. I then added a bit of water so that the pork was covered. To this I added about 2 tbsp of brown sugar, about 1 1/2 tsp Worchestershire sauce, a heaping tbsp of prepared mustard, and a good shake near the end of liquid smoke. As it cooked I tried to pull the pork apart as much as possible.

Harvey loved this and I did as well.

I also spent a bit of time doing this.

I have started my bedding plants. I just hope I did not start them too soon.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


No comments:

Post a Comment