Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Thrifty Tuesday

It has been a quiet day here on the old homestead.

Harvey has been busy fixing the wishing well planter. He was lucky enough to find enough materials to complete the project in his work room. Thrifty because he did not have to purchase anything and I now have a renewed planter for the spring.

I cleaned out some old items from my drawers about a week ago. Some were pitched and some were put aside to make into rags. So this evening I sat down and started to dismantle them

This is what I ended up with. A nice little pile of rags to replace the ones that are no longer usable (yes rags to wear out) and a small pile of buttons that can be used once again for other items, some are suitable for baby sweaters or clothing. Perhaps even doll clothes (if I ever become a Grandma).

I have also spent time scanning pictures. Last night I removed all the pictures from the remaining albums. This should mean I don't miss any that should be in a certain folder!

Meals have been using things up from the fridge freezer over the past few days. Saving us cash and me time. It is much easier to make extra and freeze it one night and serve that meal a few days later.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


1 comment:

  1. Yes, it's funny to think about, but rags do get stained and worn out!

    ReplyDelete