Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Thrifty Tuesday


Today I woke up to this.....

Heavy, wet snow. It seems that winter has not quite left us, but this does make being frugal and thrifty much easier as I am not tempted to venture outdoors, or drive any where. The snow is continuing which means tomorrow will be no better.

Today, Harvey got the first coat of paint on our bedroom walls, and should be finished painting tomorrow. The drapes were taken down washed and hung on lines in the basement. Pictures and light fixtures are ready to be cleaned and put back up once the second coat of paint dries. I plan on doing those early tomorrow morning. This means I can cross off another room being spring cleaned.

I also worked on getting the sewing/craft room straightened out.

Earlier this week (like yesterday) I cut strips and fabric squares to use in my quilts. The fabric all came from either scraps left from other projects, or some old sheets that were no longer fitting our bed.


Lots of fabric to play around with and make a couple of quilts to perhaps use at the Family Reunion Silent Auction this summer. I need to get sewing very soon.

I also packaged up some fabric to start some more sewing projects.

This will make it much easier for me to grab a project and get started. The first one I will work on is the red jacket. It has been cut out for months now and I need to get it done!!!

I even found a couple of items to add to the donation bag. I hope to add more tomorrow when I got through my craft magazines.

Meals have been simple and I am using up items in the freezer, fridge and cupboard. I want to do a stock up trip this weekend so things will be used up as much as possible. No shopping until then!!

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.



No comments:

Post a Comment