Wednesday, August 19, 2020

And The Heat Just Doesn't Quit

 Today we reached 37.4 C and I think that while tomorrow might be a bit cooler at 34 C this heat wave is going to continue for awhile yet.


I went for my walk very early this morning and once home headed out to the garden. I picked more beans and gave them to another neighbour, picked a few tomatoes, and watered all the plants.


The rest of the day has been spent staying cool in the house. I did go for another short walk this evening and enjoyed the cloud cover and the slight breeze. 


Off to do some knitting as I am getting very close to finishing the back of the sweater I am knitting.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.


God bless.


7 comments:

  1. The weather has really been off the charts this summer here. We have had a taste of everything, seems we get the hot and humid for a few days, then the rain for a few days and then cool temperatures before it starts all over. Hope you get some relief soon. We are so resilient!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must admit it was nice to be back on the Island where it is a lot cooler.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness, that is hot! We are having heavy winds and a storm is predicted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll try to remember how hot this week has been come winter when it gets cold, but I'll complain then too.

    Take care and stay well (and cool).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you were able to stay cool in this heat wave.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jackie, your day sounded so peace-filled and relaxed. I should learn to take a walk every morning. Maybe I'll start tomorrow. Thank you for the nudge. Love, Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess that is pretty hot for where you are at. I hope you have AC.
    Stay hydrated and cool.

    ReplyDelete