Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Why??????

Why is it that the anti-maskers seem to think those who feel wearing a mask is the right thing to do are bullying them. 

I believe wearing a mask when out and about in situations where you can not control social distancing is another good way to stop the spread of the virus. I won't stop you from not wearing a mask, but I would appreciate not getting the snide remarks, or rolling eyes. I not only do this for me, I do it for those who feel they do not need to wear one. Just another layer of protection for the both of us.

Yet I go on line and see post after post from anti-mask people saying they are being bullied, and posting things that make no sense at all (and have actually in many cases been proven wrong). 

These same posts usually go on to say we are being controlled by our government, that we are sheeple and can't think for ourselves. That we are cowards and are afraid of something not even as infectious as the flu (right, many more deaths in a matter of months than a years worth of flu cases).

Why can't people just do what they feel is right? Protecting each other is something we should all do.

Oh, and lots of the posts are from relatives on Harvey's side of the family. One of whom is our goddaughter, who seems to believe every crazy theory out there, and her parents. One parent works in an office and swears she will never wear a mask. What happens if it is mandated by our provincial government....going to quit her job. I rather doubt it as she is the chief wage earner in the family.

Be kind to each other as we navigate this world we find ourselves in.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

6 comments:

  1. I totally agree.I was in Costco the other day which requires mask. there in the line was a young woman flounting she was not wearing a mask. I gave a couple of looks but didnt say anything. She was the only one in all of Costco. It is ridiculous to NOT wear a mask. We have seat belt laws, helmet laws, speed limits, your surgeon wears a mask... so why?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I agree with you, Jackie! But let someone sneeze or cough or complain of a fever, standing next to one of these anti-maskers, and they'd reach for that mask they denounce real quick! *haha* I just stay home and have less aggravation that way. Love, Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree here too. We have countless tourists in Cornwall most of whom are saying 'We came down here to get away from all that nonsense'! As though Cornwall isnt affected?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sadly, all we have control of in this situation is what we do ourselves. I am happy to go along with mask wearing restrictions, despite it being quite uncomfortable to wear one all day at work. For some people it is just too much trouble. They know everything about everything. We are the idiots. Let them think that if they wish, I'll still carry on doing what I'm doing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you on this. In fact I responded to a former co-worker this morning on FB, who posted an article from a impugned website suggesting that masks and social distancing aren't required in schools. She simply shared but hadn't read the information (because I assume, this is what she believes to be true...or wants to be true).
    We've been very fortunate here in Saskatchewan and the risk of Covid-19 is low But a lot of that has to do with what we've been doing thus far and I fear it won't last if the people who feel inconvenienced by the pandemic decide to follow the herd immunity crowd. Hopefully I'm wrong.

    In the meantime, as you note, I'll keep doing what we've been doing. Staying within my small bubble, wearing a mask while out where social distancing is difficult, and venturing out only when necessary.

    Take care and stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I go out the mask comes with me. I cross the street rather than pass people. I will take all the precautions I can.
    xx

    ReplyDelete