Friday, August 7, 2020

Frugal Friday

 Another week of the summer gone. One can certainly feel that fall is just around the corner. There are a few trees in the city changing colour much too early. 


Now what frugal things have I been up to this week.


1.  Saved $18.02 grocery shopping this week and managed to add a few items to the pantry stores.


2.  Picked produce from the garden. Lots of beans and cucumbers. I have made dills from some of the cukes, and frozen three bags of beans for the winter (we had three meals with fresh beans as a side dish).


3.  Hung all clothing on the lines to dry this week.


4.  We got some rain this week and it filled the rain barrel once again so I have been able to water my plants with rain water.


5.  It is once again cooling off at night so the air conditioner is off at night and windows wide open.


6.  Under budget for the month (I was over budget on groceries, cleaning supplies, paper products, and OTC meds. We may have to relook at this budget line for next year if this continues).


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 


God bless.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a very productive garden, we too have beans and thoroughly enjoying them. When I was little living with my grandmother, there wasn't a lot of money, so we often had just finely sliced beans with white pepper and butter for a meal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Despite being mostly at home, this summer seems to be rushing by. I noted some trees changing color on my drive home from my daughter's this week. Too early is right!

    Take care and stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's far too hot here in the UK at present. The trouble us you really find feel like doing anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it's much cooler than normal for August here in Indiana too, Jackie. The days are sometimes hot but boy, the evenings are downright chilly sometimes. And that's real odd for August, especially the beginning of August. Usually the nights are muggy & hot and you can't wait to go inside the a/c. I'm anxious to see what winter holds for us... and then again, maybe I'm not. :-O Love, Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. We appear to have been super frugal with all this Covid business. Not going out to shops for a long time and now only very rarely. It's surprising how we can eke out our supplies, plus the garden produce.
    Stay safe.
    xx

    ReplyDelete