Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Ah, Midweek and Still Darn Warm

 I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but it is getting dark earlier. This is a photo at around 9:30 a couple of nights ago.



It also shows the fireworks that were happening for some odd reason south of the city. Here is another one or two from that night.



Bit blurry as are the remaining ones. I really need to learn how to take photos or get a better camera.

I tried my hand at arranging flowers, and while not perfect, really isn't bad for a first try. Harvey loved it.


I think he was just trying to make me feel good about it.

Garden harvesting was happening as well.

Cucumbers and peppers getting ready for a bath.


Line up of small tomatoes on the window sill. 

Hopefully I will get more cukes ready to be picked so I can make those pickles in a bucket by the end of the week.

Tomorrow is shopping and there are a few things I need to pick up to make the mint jelly. I was asked what I do with the jelly and mostly I use it on ham, and pork as a condiment. My boys love mint jelly on ham. Gives it a bit of sweetness and I don't have to use a brown sugar glaze.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.
God bless.


8 comments:

  1. Your flower arrangement is beautiful! Those tomatoes look good on the window sill. A garden sure keeps you busy but the rewards are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flower arrangement IS lovely, Harvey isn't just being kind. :)
    Your garden fare has me embarassed about mine! I wish I'd gotten on the ball more in the spring, but couldn't decide what to plant. Then I planted the wrong kind of peppers, yours are great looking! Next year, I'll do better. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the info on the mint jelly - I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you did a great job with those flowers, our garden is just not producing because of the extreme heat here this summer. SO sad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your garden produce looks good and the flower arrangement is beautiful too. Its getting dark earlier here too and quite chilly at the moment because of the rain we're having x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the lilies and glads - I agree with Harvey. Your garden is doing so well. I just picked my first two tomatoes yesterday.

    Hopefully we'll get some rain soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your flowers are beautiful! And oh my, the produce looks delicious. I can't wait until we can start harvesting more than just tomatoes.

    Yes, I've noticed that it gets dark earlier. Funny, I actually thought about it earlier this week when I turned on the lights. I realised that I've had to turn on the lights much earlier lately.

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete