Thursday, August 12, 2021

Thursday Tidbits


 We have had another fairly cool day, which enabled me to get out this afternoon after the funeral for my friends Dad and pick both apples and plums. I actually got Harvey to give me a hand, something that really never has happened. Tomorrow I plan on making apple sauce with those apples.

Our new glasses were in and so we got to get them fitted and bring them home. Not sure about mine as I am used to transition lenses and now I have to remember to put clip on sun glasses. Which I forgot once today. It is going to be a learning curve for sure.

Made an appointment to see my GP as well. Masks need to be worn, but at least it will be a face to face meeting after almost 2 years of not seeing her. My appointment is on the 20th of this month and I will more than likely be sent for blood and urine work as well as an EEG. I will get my scripts refilled, and probably have to set up another appointment for my annual physical which is 2 years instead of one. I also want to talk to her and see if there is anyway I can have a yearly check up with an OB/GYN here instead of having to travel to Regina once a year. We are getting a bit too old to be on the road in the middle of winter, and since I was told that I had to do this check for the rest of my life I am really hoping that someone here is qualified to do the check.

Other than that life has been passing by on silent cat's paws. The days slip by and at times I wonder where they have gone. I wonder if that is an age thing?

Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.

10 comments:

  1. The days do go by faster and faster and it almost becomes hard to keep up! Homemade applesauce sure sounds good! Do you ever make Apple Butter? I start thinking about that every fall. I hope your appointment with your GP goes well. I see my GP next week. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did make apple butter a few years ago. I need to look up that recipe. Thanks for the reminder.

      God bless.

      Delete
  2. The days do slip by quickly. I hope your transition to your ew glasses comes quickly for you How neat to pick apples and plums n your own yard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took to these new glasses very easily other than forgetting the clip on sunglasses a couple of times when I went for a walk.

      God bless.

      Delete
  3. Hi Jackie, thanks for the pickles recipe. I enjoyed reading your menu post and your thrifty efforts as well. Keeps me mindful of what I am doing. I have not seen my gp in two years and really should make an apt. Do women over 70 still have to have mammograms in Canada, do you know?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure about the mammogram, I think I read that after 70 you don't have to have one, but check with your GP. The only reason I will have to undergo an exam of my lady parts every year from now on is because of the small spot of cancer they found in my cervix.

      God bless.

      Delete
  4. Oh I do think it is an age thing. It will be Monday and I blink my eyes and it is Sunday again. I plan on making applesauce as soon as I find apples to pick, but I will do that when I get home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so hard to see the days zip on past. Soon I will be another year older.

      God bless.

      Delete
  5. The days do pass by so quickly. I'm not sure if it's age or because there always seems to be something to be done especially in the summer with the outside to be kept up as well as the inside.

    It's going to be a hot few days. Stay cool as best you can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You stay cool too. It is going to be a very hot weekend.

      God bless.

      Delete