Friday, August 20, 2021

Frugal Friday

 

We have been getting a nice soaking rain since last night. I love it as the garden, containers and lawns really need the moisture. It also enables me to get caught up on processing garden veggies that I have harvested over the last while. 

So what frugal past times have been occurring on the old homestead this week.

1.  Laundry done frugally as possible and always using cold water for the rinse.

2.  Windows open the last few days and nights. This means no air conditioning costs and while the mornings are slightly chilly we have lots of blankets to curl up in.

3.  Even though I did not get out and walk at all today I have managed to do so on the other days this week. I should make my 10k step goal today as well.

4.  Only one day of spending this week and I stuck to my grocery list. I did notice higher costs though especially in the meat department. I think I will be looking up more meatless meals and using less meat in the casseroles.

5.  Found green yarn in my stash to knit my friends little nephew a prayer shawl. 

6.  Got those freezer pickles started today. I will be able to package them in three days. 


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.



4 comments:

  1. We have a long way to go on our water usage, but we are trying to improve as well. It feels so important, with the big fires & huge drought here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so grateful for the rain. It is amazing how quickly everything greens up after a good soaking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh the rain sounds so good to me. I am looking forward to some cozy rainy days ahead...sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you were able to get some much needed rain.

    We also noticed the rise in meat prices. We will be using less meat in our casseroles too.

    I hope you have a wonderful Sunday, Jackie.

    ReplyDelete