Thursday, August 19, 2021

Thursday Tidbits


 We got rain!!! Not much but at least the roads are wet and there are a few puddles. I am hoping we get a bit more.

I went shopping today and once again suffered sticker shock. I bought a small pork roast, maybe 2 lbs at the most and it cost me $14.47. Meat is outrageous as is dairy and produce. I am very glad that our garden is finally producing. I couldn't find any decent lettuce so we will be having coleslaw only this week. Things are going to be stretched as far as possible until or if prices come down a bit. 

I got all the food into the fridge, cleaned things up a bit as well. As I looked at the interior, I realized most of my storage containers are getting old and worn. I am going to start looking for glass storage containers at the Salvation Army and keep an eye open when shopping for sales. Glass will be so much better and last so much longer. I will not have to replace them as often as the Rubbermaid ones...May use some of them for storage of smaller items in the sewing/craft room if they are in decent shape.

Tomorrow before my appointment I hope to get the counters in the kitchen, the appliances on said counter and the wall behind all clean and tidy. Things are getting stuck places where they shouldn't be. After getting home I might manage to clean the hall walls. They aren't really dirty, just dusting so a damp cloth should clean them nicely. I also will use up some of the cucumbers and make those freezer pickles. 

I have changed my menu slightly in order to use some of our garden bounty. Tonight I took the leftover chili, mixed it with pasta (elbow macaroni) and stuffed four peppers. Still have lots of chili left so I will probably warm that up for our supper on Saturday. 

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


3 comments:

  1. Very jealous of your rain! I added chicken fajitas to the menu for next week. The fajitas will use up a bunch of garden peppers, and I'll make guacamole to go with it, which will use garden cilantro, tomatoes & peppers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like noodles with my chili, and as soon as it cools down, I'll be making some. Looking forward to those oven meals, baking again. If you've never made extract, this is where I got my information. Plus,Constance is nice to watch on her farm, I always learn something. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxrX_zKmy-k A Good Life Farm is the name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like chili with rice or pasta. I'm just finishing up a batch of chicken chili I made on the weekend - my son won't eat it...which is okay by me as I love it!

    We had a good rain last evening and night, about a 1/2 inch. It isn't much but I'll take what I can. Not having to water the containers is a lovely break.

    ReplyDelete