Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Thrifty Tuesday

 

A few thrifty things have been going on here on the old homestead, and a few not so thrifty right at the moment, but will be considered thrifty in the months ahead.

We bought a new fridge as the old one was starting to have a few problems. We did get it on sale, and it is even going to be delivered very quickly.

I got a new pair of trainers as well. They were also on sale so that is great. 

I mended a few of Harvey's boxers. Some were not able to be fixed as once he gets a rip or hole in something he kinda makes sure I can't fix it by ripping further. This meant getting him some new boxers as well. 

Quite the spending week all told.

Darned a pair of my socks and fixed a hem on a pair of my shorts.

Used up all leftovers in the fridge, which has made for some interesting meals, or additions to meals.

Working on cutting up the prepared jean material into 4 inch squares. There is much more than I thought and after doing what would be 5 pairs I have taken a break.

Instead of taking a meal to my friend who lost her father, I took over prayer shawls for her and her sisters (I am kinda friends with two of the three or at least know them fairly well). These have been made for awhile and were being kept until Covid protocols at the church would enable me to take them there. Cleaned out some space and gave them to people who need them.

Air conditioner has been off for a few days and we have even been able to open the windows to let in a cool breeze a few nights.

Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.

3 comments:

  1. It has really cooled off here this week, though it looks like we've got more heat coming this weekend. I've been leaving windows open at night and the house really cools off nicely.

    Enjoy your new fridge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds lovely, Jackie. I look forward to turning off our ac too when the time comes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post makes me realize that I need to clean out my fridge. I also cut up the jeans bottoms I cut off peoples pants that I alter and use them in car quilts. How lovely to take prayer shawls to those that are grieving. You are such a good person.

    ReplyDelete