Sunday, August 8, 2021

Sunday Ramblings

 

Ahh, the last day of a week. Or perhaps the first day depending on your calendar or how you view the week.

I did not make the menu planned for today as it was so freaking hot here. At 3 pm the temperature reached 34C with a feels like temperature of 40C. No way was I going to heat up the house by turning on the oven.

So supper was a kind of sort of mish mash of cold plate and things I could make on top of the stove. The roast meal will probably be done later in the week when temperatures are supposed to drop.

I promised you all some pictures.

Pickles in a bucket...though in my case it is Pickles in a large glass jar. I may be able to add another few slices of cucumber or perhaps a whole small cucumber.


Mint jelly, I just have to label and get them put away.



This is one of two lemon trees that I started from seed this past winter. The other one is twice as tall, but only has one branch so far. It looks a bit strange.



And this is my prize from thirty-one. At first I thought it might be big enough for my phone and with the belt clip would be perfect. Well it is just a touch too small. I need some ideas on what to use it for.


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.

10 comments:

  1. Your mint jelly looks beautiful. Do you have a pickle recipe you would recommend?

    What about a change purse, or something to collect things in your purse? I have all of these loose coupons, gift cards, etc & maybe a storage for those items inside your bag would be useful?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and depending on what you want for your phone, I use this when working out, and it holds your phone & car key. It's incredible. My mom, sister & I all have one. :-) (Not a referral link, just my personal favorite.) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005LC1POC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your prize is cute! I suppose if you were going somewhere and didn't want to carry a purse you could put your money and cards in it. Or possibly you could find a way to enlarge it just enough for your phone. You are so creative that I'm sure you will come up with something!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’d use the bag as a purse organizer, for jewelry or something small when traveling, to organize anything, or as a gift to a girl. Nice looking pickles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love little bags like that and keep assorted things in them in my purse so they are easy to find. How neat that you grew that from a lemon seed. Your mint jelly is beautiful in the jars and your pickles look really good in that big jar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your prize bag would be perfect to hold loose items in your purse - I'm thinking things like the little bottle of hand sanitizer, lip balm, keys, etc.

    Can you continue to add to the pickle in a bucket/jar recipe? I don't want or need to make big batches of pickles since I'm the only one who eats them, but I'm thinking if this is something that can made in a smaller batch and added to, it might work for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely mint jelly, so refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was actually cool enough yesterday to eat on our deck. But it is back to triple digits today. Pickles look good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We do roasts/ribs in our crock pot, it sure takes the heat out of the kitchen, that is for sure. It was cool here the last few days but I see 33 degrees by Wednesday again - is it just me or is this summer way too bloody hot?!?

    ReplyDelete
  10. The mint jelly is such a beautiful colour.

    I keep a little pouch like that in a bag I use often, but that doesn't have separate compartments, so useful to hold all those bits and bobs that love to wander!

    ReplyDelete