Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Thrifty Tuesday and Menus

 I got busy with company yesterday afternoon, and then sewing the binding on the quilt. The day slipped right by, so I missed my Monday Menu post.


So I have added it to todays post.

Monday

Eggplant Parma.


Tuesday

Meatloaf, corn on the cob, sliced tomatoes and cucumbers.


Wednesday

Soup and Sandwiches. Probably ham salad or chicken salad sandwiches.


Thursday

Clean out the fridge or steak, potatoes, and coleslaw if there aren't enough in the way of leftovers.


Friday

Probably an early supper in the city as I want to go to Costco, Michael's, and Fabricland to do a bit of a stock up.


Saturday

BBQ pork chops, coleslaw and tinfoil potatoes and carrots.


Sunday

Leftover ham, scalloped potatoes, sliced raw veggies (carrots, tomatoes, cukes, and yellow peppers).


Now on to my usual Tuesday post.


Laundry was hung outside to dry on Monday (it was sunny and fairly warmish).

I used up eggplant from my garden as well as tomato sauce I had made last year.

Leftovers were used up in lunches or another meal.

I have patched a pair of Harvey's work jeans.

Started making my list of stock up items for our shopping trip.

A friend brought me some old mismatched sheets which will be used for backing on quilts.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.




5 comments:

  1. Your menu sounds delicious! I love meat loaf. When the weather cools down a bit, that will definitely go back into the rotation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy a soup and sandwich night so much, it's comfort food, but packed with all those healthy ingredients, delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your menu sounds good and gave me some ideas for our dinner tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mismatched sheets are gold in my world! I use them for so many things and am always grateful for donations that come my way. Enjoyed reading your menu plan. Seeing meatloaf reminded me of how much I love it sliced cold in a sandwich.

    ReplyDelete