Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Thrifty Tuesday

 

This has been a quiet day here on the old homestead. 

I did up the budget and even with buying the new printer and ink we are only slightly over budget for the month. Still we are underbudget for the year, which makes going on vacation a little easier.

I washed and hung up the sheets on my clotheslines outside. These are the ones I got from my friend. I folded them and add them to the old sheets I already had for backing on the quilts that I will make in the future.

Then I put away yarn. I can now see the floor in my sewing/craft room and am getting that much closer to being able to craft in there once again. Just a few surfaces left to tidy and things will be organized.

I mended a quilt, fixed an underwire in a bra, and hemmed a pair of Harvey's jeans. 

I made eggplant parma one night for supper and used up tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, and bread crumbs. Today I picked 4 more eggplant and will make some for the freezer and meals later this winter. Still lots of eggplant there so I foresee stuffed eggplant, and moussaka on the menu next month (means a few changes, but it is what it is). 

Tomatoes are coming quickly and I plan on getting Salsa made tomorrow. Much less expensive than bought and it tastes way better.

Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.


6 comments:

  1. Hmmm - maybe you could come and deal with the mess on MY floor?? I'll be interested to hear what you think of the new printer over a period of time. Toying with getting one the next time I need a replacement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a sewing room/guest room and boy can they get cluttered up fast with fabric and sewing supplies! Congratulations on your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your eggplant dishes sound great. I’ve never seen it growing. Is it hard to cultivate?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like your sewing craft room is coming along nicely, Jackie. You will have it all tidy and able to work in there in no time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I updated my budget today, I'm over budget but that was due to having to purchase new glasses this year and I didn't include at the beginning of the year. Otherwise I'm almost bang on, without the glasses I'm just under budget.

    I hope you didn't get the storms we had last night. The north end of the city was hard hit with hail. We had some, here in the east end, and more this morning. I haven't been out to check the tomatoes and peppers but expect I'll see some damage.

    It's amazing how quickly things get untidy. I find when I have a number of projects on the go, things tend to get muddled up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you, My eggplants are just starting to flower, as it has been so hot. I love eggplant parma...

    ReplyDelete