Friday, February 25, 2022

Frugal Friday

 

Once again I have been missing from Blogger. I am sorry, but will fill you all in at the end of this post.


So what frugal happenings have been taking place on the old homestead?

1.  Since it has been sunny the past few days even if pretty darn cold. I have had the drapes open to take advantage of the solar heat and light.

2.  Got a free bottle of water and snack from the Bible study last night.

3.  Found some free knitting patterns, as well as some interesting new recipes online.

4.  Shopped with a list and stuck to it except for some smoked oysters for Harvey (they were on sale). Saw my favourite cereal on the shelf, but when I noticed the price passed it by.

5.  Worked on various projects and managed to get a few done (pictures to come tomorrow).

6.  My menu for the week got kind of switched around, mainly because of me not wanting to cook one night (just too tired) and the Bible study and needing to be there to set up very early. Hopefully planning will be better for the next 4 weeks or until the study is over.


So the past few days have seen me trying to help Kris online with his move. Not that I had much to do other than let him know he was doing an awesome job. He even went out and bought some furniture, a love seat, couch, end tables, and a coffee table. He started to think that even if he didn't have a real bed for us one of us could sleep on the couch and one on the futon in the second bedroom. He said he did not like the thought of us driving at night and this would give us a place to stay. So we are heading up there on Sunday, my appointment is on Monday at the Ob/GYN for my cancer check up. We will stay overnight on Monday as well. 

I am taking up my sewing machine and the bolt of fabric from another drapery project and will whip up some simple curtains for the kitchen and dining room. I may even get a couple made for those rather large basement windows as well. 

Harvey is thinking of taking up some of his extra tools as well. 

We will try and set him up to last for awhile, as moving out of an apartment really did not get him ready to outfit a whole house and he will need to save some money before anything else gets done.


The other item that has kept me busy is following Kurt on Twitter, and keeping him calm about his interview and the showing yesterday on TV. He did a great job, even though he was not on very much. So far no backlash, but that could come a bit later. He does know the subject so that was a big plus. 

Off to get the table set, and will be visiting all of you after supper. Lots of catching up to do.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.






4 comments:

  1. What a sweet son you have to think of you in that way. You did good, Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's wonderful that you are able to help Kris with his move. The things you are doing for him sounds so familiar. One of my sons is still single and I am always helping him with drapes and such. Enjoy your visit with him when you go there. You have two great sons to be proud of!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure your son will appreciate having drapes for his new house. There's so much to have to buy and sort out when you move much less when you are upsizing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like Kris is well on his way to being settled in his own home with space for mom and dad to visit too. I'm sure he will appreciate the curtains and the extra hands to get things done.

    I watched the program yesterday (I PVR'ed it since I hate commercials). I thought Kurt did very well. I chuckled at one of his tweets on Thursday where he quoted you. He's a good guy!

    ReplyDelete