Monday, February 7, 2022

Menu Monday

 

Before I post this weeks menu I think I should get you all caught up.

The past week has been very strange. 

Firstly we were storm stayed in Regina for the first couple of days. However staying put was perhaps the best thing we could have done. Monday night we were in the midst of a blizzard that saw people abandoning cars on the highways, after hitting ditches or hitting each other. Tuesday was spent waiting for them to get the abandoned and wrecked vehicles off the highway. Wednesday, when we finally ventured out we still passed cars and a couple of semi's still waiting to be hauled out of the ditches, but at least not blocking the highway.

We arrived home and ended up having to dig our way into the driveway. Then the rest of the week I was busy getting all those chores done that I had missed. 

I think I am all caught up for the most part, not so much project wise but regular household chores.

I have also spent a great deal of time following Kurt on Twitter due to the trucker convoy in Ottawa (my countries capital) and waiting to hear about Kris's house buying adventures. Probably why not much time was spent on projects. I also had a friend drop off some mending, which hopefully I will start tomorrow.

Kris's home buying has been going well. He has gotten his mortgage and the house inspection he wanted went well. There are a few minor things that need doing (why on earth would there be no down spouts on the house to drain water away from the foundation???). So all things moving forward he should be the proud owner of a new to him home on the 14th of this month.

He plans on packing the small things himself and getting movers for the larger items. Planning to start moving those smaller items on the 14th, the day he takes ownership. 

Kurt, well he is doing what he has always done. Teaching during the day and then evenings are spent Tweeting about the really bad guys at the convoy. Though it does seem that a few of those protesters are leaving slowly but surely. In fact one of the organizers is thinking of leaving very soon. So hopefully things will be back to normal in his life as well.

Now on to my menu's for the upcoming week.


Monday

A container of frozen chile served with toast.


Tuesday

Ham casserole of some type, using a package of frozen leftover ham from Sunday, and a salad (also leftover from Sunday).


Wednesday

Turkey rice soup from a container in the big freezer. Served along with either ham salad sandwiches or grilled cheese sandwiches.


Thursday

Leftover ham casserole. Served with another salad.


Friday

Salmon Patties, homemade tartar sauce, mashed turnip, and green beans.


Saturday

Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, peas.


Sunday

Roast chicken, roast potatoes (or perhaps a tray of roasted veggies).


Everybody have a wonderful evening. I plan on visiting you all tomorrow.


God bless.


6 comments:

  1. Good thing you were in Regina and not out on the roads during a blizzard! Better to be safe.
    As for the goings on in Ottawa (and other cities), it's shameful. I can understand the truckers feeling they have a right to choose - but on the other hand, how about the rights of the people living and trying to work in the area they've occupied. There's no right answer I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear everything's okay with you. I was a little concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What appalling weather to be out in, thank God you were safe.
    Well done to your son having his house purchase going through. It can be such a trial.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was quite the blizzard we had. My brother and his wife were late getting out of the city; they live about 25 minutes away and it took nearly 90 minutes to get home that night. I'm happy to hear you stayed in the city.

    Like you I've been spending time following several accounts, including Kurt, in the evenings. I'm hopeful this will end soon. The injunction that was ordered yesterday is a step in the right direction.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting for you son to be close to being in his first home. And I'm glad to hear some of the protesters are starting to leave as that is not being reported in the US national news.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to hear from you. I was concerned, too!

    ReplyDelete