Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Thrifty Tuesday


 Well I did make it to visit with all of you, just not as early as I had planned. Once again my sleep was a bit fitful, but better than the night before. 


Kris is in his house tonight. The movers were at his apartment bright and early, and they moved him very quickly. The GotJunk guys came and took all that he did not want to move. There are a few things he left behind like his smart bulbs, the lamps, his BBQ and the chairs/table out on his deck. But as he will be spending the next few days deep cleaning the apartment he can pick them up a bit at a time. 

So what thrifty things have I been up to. 

I have been accumulating some meatless recipes, and will be adding them to the menus. Since meat is so expensive this should work out to be a big savings.

I am making desserts from scratch and tonight I am going to try my hand at making pudding. Might not turn out, but you never know unless you give it a try.

I fixed the seam on one of Harvey's shirts and replaced a button. I also hemmed a pair of my pants. 

Found some rather large elastic bands when I picked up the mail so I brought them home and gave them a good washing.

Entertainment has been watching free shows on my computer.


Kurt says things are calming down and should be back to what constitutes normal for him very soon. That will be a relief. Hopefully Thursday will be his last appearance on television for a good long while.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

5 comments:

  1. Glad all went well with the move for Kris.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear Kris has moved into his new house and things are calming down for Kurt. Even when kids are grown up we still worry about them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find when I serve a meatless or a very small meat meal, if I have a dessert, Hub's doesn't whine as much. I think it is a smart way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m going to add another bean dinner to our menu this week. Hopefully it will help with the grocery bill.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We often eat meatless and if we do have meat we eat far less and often make it into soup or stew so it stretches a long way.

    ReplyDelete