Thursday, February 10, 2022

Thursday Tidbits

 

Another quiet day here on the old homestead, the weather has actually been pretty wonderful so I had a short walk to pick up the mail. So nice to be out in the fresh air.

Not so nice was shopping and seeing the uptick in prices once again. I, so feel for those on a very strict budget. I just do not know how they are managing. 

This blockage of major routes between the United States and Canada is not helping with the rising costs, or shelves that are slowly emptying. Now major auto manufacturers are being closed or cutting hours. This is affecting the little guy, the small business man, and the regular Joe. I wonder what will happen when those people taking part realize that they are turning more of our citizens against them every day. I am so glad that I have managed to put things in the pantry and freezer and have always stocked up.

 I wonder how the truckers occupying Ottawa will feel when they break down (semi's do break down) and they can't get parts. Or when the vast majority of occupiers that are cars and half ton trucks realize the same thing. Or when dealerships that were just picking up can't get vehicles to sell. Wonder how happy those (we have a dealership here that is supporting the occupation) dealerships will be when they shut down due to the blockades. I now have three places that I will never shop at again.

These are my thoughts and my thoughts only on this whole trucker occupation of my countries capital. I am amazed that they keep changing the line they have drawn in the sand. Some are now trying to get rid of our democracy and replace it with people of their own choosing. Idiots.

Kris has set up his house insurance and meets with the lawyer to sign papers tomorrow. Things are moving right along. I have offered to make him some curtains for various windows, and Harvey has offered him his extra tools. He has accepted both so that will save him some small amount of cash. The more he can save on this move the better. 


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

5 comments:

  1. Not sure that I have a real understanding of the blockade you are talking about, I have not kept up with world news of late. Just wanted to let you know that I am now back on the Island and all is well, thank you for your concern and condolences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, for one, do not see how this truck blockade is supposed to be helping us. I hope they wake up soon and see that the only ones they are hurting are the people they are supposedly fighting for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's become clear that these so-called truckers (most aren't the truckers that move goods across the border or even within Canada - those guys are still working), are now calling for the end of our democracy. What they are asking for, tyranny, is what they say they are protesting our government of. It just boggles the mind.

    I'm amazed at how quickly things are falling into place for Kris. I've bought and sold a few houses over the years and it isn't often that smooth a process. I'm sure he appreciates your support.

    Cold here this morning, I'm off to get some ice melt as what melted yesterday is now ice on the sidewalk and driveway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It doesn't seem like the trucker protest is going to end well for authorities or protesters. What a mess and now the action is spreading to other countries including a planned trucker protest at the Super Bowl and a caravan from California to Washington D.C. Very sad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was on the news just now that Doug Ford has declared a state of emergency in Ontario over the blockades. Not sure what that will mean overall; guess we'll have to wait and see. Out of all this I feel sorry for the 'good' truckers who are putting their heads down and doing their jobs as best they can. There's bound to be a huge backlash against truckers as a whole and it's not fair that they should be tarred with the same brush as the 'bad' element.

    ReplyDelete