Thursday, February 17, 2022

Thursday Tidbits


 We will be in the midst of another winter storm very soon. As the day has progressed the wind has increased, and a light snow has begun. Things could get a bit dicey on the highways later tonight. So glad that we are done with any errands that needed to be done over the next couple of days. 

I mentioned to Harvey that we should see about getting new chairs for our dining room table as the ones we have are not looking so good anymore. I have cleaned the cushions, polished the wood and they still look pretty terrible. The wicker backs are tearing, and can't be replaced. He told me to keep my eyes open for a nice set that will match the hutch and corner curio cabinet.  I guess it is time to let his parents table and chairs go. 

I have finished hand quilting and will be cutting strips tomorrow morning for the binding. I did not have enough of the grey fabric left so will be using some green, slightly different in tone than the green in the quilt but I can live with that. It will also use up some more fabric. I really am trying hard to use up what I have before purchasing more.

If anyone is interested Kurt was interviewed again by Fifth Estate here in Canada. I think he said his interview will be televised next week. Not sure what the interview is about, but Harvey says we have a famous son.... The last time he was interviewed was when he was "doxxed", got hate mail and people wanting him fired from his profession. Heck I even got hate messages on Facebook. 

Off to get supper on the table. 


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.

6 comments:

  1. I'll be watching for Kurt's interview - I saw his post about being interviewed. For your sake, I hope the idiots who felt the need to post their hatred on FB, don't bother you this time. Kurt is a grown man, quite capable of coming to his own conclusions. I appreciate the work he does, outside of his regular job, to keep us informed.

    There always seems to be something that needs to be replaced. That you have Harvey's parents dining room set would suggest it held up for a long time. Good luck shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't get why people have to be so mean. Hope you and Kurt doesn't have any negative fallout from this interview.

    Yeah it's sad when you finally have to give up something that has so much meaning. It's the end of an era...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness Jackie, that's a bit disturbing for you. People seem to think they have a right to say what they want no matter how rude and evil.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in the same dining room fix. The table and all the other furniture is still good....but the chair cushions inner springs are just spent and they. are so uncomfortable

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, people can be so ugly. They actually attacked you to get to your son. How sad. Look at secondhand sites and store for chairs. That is where I got a great set for my table for $75.00. Many young people don't have formal dining sets and don't want the older ones that grandparents or parents have. They end up at secondhand sotres.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love to see your quilt, take pictures for your post. Good work with using up what you had. I'm trying to do the same with my yarn, I have so much. We've been wintering here in SC for almost 2 months and I've been so good...I haven't even stepped foot in my favorite yarn shop. Good luck with search for chair replacements.

    ReplyDelete