Friday, January 28, 2022

Frugal Friday

 


I can not believe it is Friday already! So much has been happening here both personally and in the country as a whole.

I am still worried about the repercussions to our oldest son since he is now being interviewed as an expert in far right radicalization and just hoping it does not cause problems with his teaching job. I am worried about what may happen in our capital come the weekend and the arrival of the convoy from the west. Kurt is asking all those who opposed what the truckers are doing to stay well away from the protest because of the bad eggs that are now taking over. I don't know how many will listen, and be badly hurt by some of those same bad eggs. I will just have to keep praying about the situation.

On to another bit of news. Kris was going to make an offer on one of the houses he looked at in the city. So I kind of stayed glued to the phone for the details.

He offered 10K less than the asking price and today just after lunch found out his offer was accepted. So excited for him, but this means lots of banking going on in the background. I remembered when we helped our oldest with his down payment the bank wanted a letter from us stating we would not ask him to repay the money, that it was in fact a gift. I will be typing one of those up for Kris as well. 

One of my blogging friends will know the area. It is on Smith Street closer to the Northgate Mall. It is also fairly close to his office so he should be able to save on fuel. Perhaps even walk on a nicer day. I also want to thank her for following Kurt on Twitter and saying what she did on the last post I made. You are an angel and sometime I really think we should meet. Perhaps when things settle down with Omicron.

I also have my bone density scan on Monday and I am keeping my fingers crossed that there is no real storm happening that day. We will leave fairly early just in case, and will stay overnight as we will meet Kris for supper and give him the cheque and the letter. 

So now that all that news is out of the way. What are my Frugal Five for the week.

1.  Using up leftovers for our lunches.

2.  Added an extra meatless meal this week.

3.  Walking (even if it is just around the house) for exercise.

4.  Making sure that the draft dodgers are in front of the doors every night.

5.  Looking up recipes, patterns and downloading free books online.

Still doing the regular frugal things that have become so much a habit that I can't even remember them.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


13 comments:

  1. We gifted both our sons their downpayments. Just wrote on the cheque "inheritance". No questions at the bank. The teller just told our oldest he was very lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so pleased that Kris got the house! It sounds perfect for him. Thinking of Kurt and praying that things will be OK and wishing you good luck with your bone scan 🍀🤞x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's exciting when one's 'children' buy their first house, there is always advice to give and plenty of help needed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news that Kris's offer got accepted. How exciting for him (and you guys).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good on Kris! It's also exciting when buying one's first home. If he's able to walk to work sometimes, that will keep his commuting costs down too.

    You're welcome! Yes, we will need to meet at some point, when the weather is warmer and we can relax on a patio somewhere perhaps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope there is no storm on the day you will be getting your bone density scan, Jackie. I’m so glad Kris’s offer was accepted. That is such great news!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know you are proud of both your boys. Add my prayers to all the others for Kurt's safety and job security.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Soo happy your sone found a house. It is always exciting when they do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. its fortunate that you have been able to assist both your sons with their homes........
    Maybe in a private email you could explain the convey.........hope all stays well with the family.........

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so happy for Kris on the new house!!! I will offer my prayers at Mass today for you concerns regarding Kurt's high visibility in the news. God is with you! Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. How did you son become such an expert on those far right folks. The radicalization is very scary, brain washing for sure. Buying a house is exciting, but am amazed they got it for less than asking. Around here there are bidding wars and everyone is buying well over asking price in order to get the house. Sellers are making out like bandits. I don't imagine that trend will last long; but it's going strong now for about half a year. Haven't been walking much lately, due to the weather; but did manage a bike ride earlier today and plan to do a round of yoga shortly. We must keep moving.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You’ve been quiet this week, Jackie. I hope everything is OK with you all.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm missing you and hope everything is alright.

    ReplyDelete