Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Thrifty Tuesday

 

Well the cold and snow has arrived once again. I am almost sure that we almost have more snow now than we did all last year.

Harvey replaced the batteries in my VivoFit and for some reason it won't got to the right time, right date, or even sync with my phone. Something is very wrong. It does count my steps, but they are going to be out by quite a bit. I may be keeping track on a piece of paper.

Our garbage bin still has not been picked up. The other side of the road was done earlier, I wonder if they forgot us or if their truck is having problems once again.

Got a call from Kurt about his car and there is even more problems with it. The catalytic converter seems to have collapsed in on its self. His bill will now be $4600 to get it fixed. He says he will never buy a Ford again and he is writing a letter to Ford Canada to complain.

That is pretty much all our news from here so I will move on to any thrifty moves I have made this week.


I have been busy using things up. Slowly but surely leftovers are being repurposed and made into different meals. Some of which feed us for more than one meal. 

I am knitting some new dish cloths from recycled yarn. I had an older knitted blanket that no longer suited my décor so I took it apart, washed and dried the yarn awhile back and rolled it into balls. Since this is cotton yarn it is perfect to restock my knitted dish cloth stash.

I am reading a very inexpensive book on my ereader, working on my rug, and watching a series on my computer attached to the television. That small mini computer was the best purchase I made that year, I have used it a great deal.

I have organized the bathroom cupboards, drawers and shelves. I have added a few things to a bag to be donated when I next use the car (when I go for my mammogram on Thursday).

I am back to only using the dishwasher every second day and handwashing pots, pans and casserole dishes once a day.

Lights are being turned off when not in a room.


I am sure there are more, but I just can't think of them right now.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


7 comments:

  1. Poor Kurt, what a disaster with the car. I hope he can resolve it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you’ve been busy. I reorganized our towel closet today and it is much better. We also use a small tablet to watch tv on the big tv screen. I like how that works out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, poor Kurt! That is a heck of a bill. You would think the catalytic converter would have some sort of warranty. My older brother is a Ford sales manager - he's the only one in the family that drives a ford. Fix or repair daily is what we used to call them.

    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have great frugal habits. We bought a FOrd car years ago and it was bad in a year. After that we only bought foreign cars and never had a problem. However, we did buy a Ford truck as they are better made. I am sorry about his car that is awful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry your unit isn't working correctly. It's really helpful having a step/mile count etc. I'm trying to do something daily again after the last couple of months of not being as active. I'm walking today, and did a bike ride yesterday and have done planks both days, let's see what tomorrow brings. Good for you with your repurposing efforts. Sorry to hear about the car. I loved my Ford Escape and my husband is driving a Ford Explorer, his 3rd one in lots of years. We've had very good luck with all of our Fords.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So unfortunate for Kurt .. it seems that some cars just become money pits. Hoping it is soon resolved!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry that your son has had to end up with a lemon - unfortunately there's not much recourse these days either.
    I must admit you're more frugal than I am because I would never have taken an afghan apart to reuse the yarn...>I would have gifted it to the thrift store (and probably someone ELSE would have recycled the yarn!!).

    ReplyDelete