Another work week has passed us by (well that if either of us worked). It is so nice not to have to drive on terrible roads most days during the winter. Not driving saves us money on fuel as a tank usually lasts us a month or longer. However as I have appointments in the city the end of this month and next we will be using just a tad more.
I am definitely going to find ways to save a bit over the next while as Harvey's truck cost just over $2k to service and replace a few things like brake pads, a wiper, and a couple of sensors. Add in to that the radiator flush and oil change and costs mount up. However now he has a vehicle that will last much longer.
So in what ways have I been frugal this past week.
1. All the usual ways with laundry, and making sure lights are turned off in rooms not in use.
2. Mending clothing, though this time around it was just a glove that needed a hole darned in it.
3. I made 3 new draft dodgers using up fabric remnants and an old bag of. That really cut down on the drafts coming under our doors when the wind blows a certain way.
4. Making sure all leftovers are either made into a new meal or eaten for lunch.
5. Walking outside when nice and using the treadmill when it isn't.
6. Tidying and organizing the house and recycling items for storage use.
7. Baked two loaves of bread this week and will be baking another tomorrow.
So that has been my frugal week so far.
Everybody have a wonderful evening.